Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Mean Moms

author: unknown
source: Dawn Judd
"thank you helpmeet!"

Subject: Mean Moms

Someday when my children are old enough to understand the logic that motivates a parent,
I will tell them, as my Mean Mom told me:

I loved you enough . . . to ask where you were going,with whom, and what time you would be home.

I loved you enough to be silent and let youdiscover that your new best friend was a creep.

I loved you enough to stand over you for twohours while you cleaned your room, a job thatshould have taken 15 minutes.

I loved you enough to let you see anger,disappointment, and tears in my eyes.Children must learn that their parents aren't perfect.

I loved you enough to let you assume the responsibilityfor your actions even when the penalties were so harshthey almost broke my heart.

But most of all, I loved you enough . . . to sayNO when I knew you would hate me for it.Those were the most difficult battles of all. I'm gladI won them, because in the end you won, too.And someday when your children are old enough tounderstand the logic that motivates parents, you willtell them.

Was your Mom mean?I know mine was. We had the meanest motherin the whole world!

While other kids ate candy forbreakfast, we had to have cereal, eggs, and toast.
When others had a Pepsi and a Twinkie for lunch,we had to eat sandwiches.
And you can guess our mother fixed us a dinnerthat was different from what other kids had, too.
Mother insisted on knowing where we were at alltimes. You'd think we were convicts in a prison.
She had to know who our friends were, and what wewere doing with them.
She insisted that if we said wewould be gone for an hour, we would be gone for anhour or less.

We were ashamed to admit it, but she had the nerveto break the Child Labor Laws by making us work.We had to wash the dishes, make the beds, learn tocook, vacuum the floor, do laundry, empty the trashand all sorts of cruel jobs. I think she would lie awakeat night thinking of more things for us to do.

She always insisted on us telling the truth, the wholetruth, and nothing but the truth.

By the time we wereteenagers, she could read our minds and had eyes inthe back of her head. Then, life was really tough!Mother wouldn't let our friends just honk the hornwhen they drove up. They had to come up to thedoor so she could meet them.

While everyone elsecould date when they were 12 or 13, we had to waituntil we were 16.

Because of our mother we missed out on lots of thingsother kids experienced. None of us have ever been caughtshoplifting, vandalizing other's property or ever arrestedfor any crime. It was all her fault.Now that we have left home, we are all educated, honestadults. We are doing our best to be mean parents just likeMom was. I think that is what's wrong with the world today.It just doesn't have enough mean moms!

PASS THIS ON TO ALL THE MEAN MOTHERS YOU KNOW.(And Their Kids!!!)

No comments: